Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Big Decision.

The Big Decision has been made.

Some people have gotten a hint of it, but I'm putting it here in writing and telling everyone. I'm doing this to ram it home into my brain that it's made and it's not going to change.

So what is it?

Well, I am GOING HOME. Just recently I remembered where home is, and that I want to be there.

There are many factors that have gone into this decision - a few are:

As Japan gets less and less fun (for various reasons) there is less and less to distract me from the lure of home.

I can have a series of jobs here, but not a career. At least, that's the way it seems to me, or at least in the field I want to work in.

I miss my family.

I'm tired. Tired of battling to understand, battling to communicate, battling against prejudices and cultural stereotypes. I'm tired of being a GAIJIN (foreigner).


In a way, it's a relief. I think that I hadn't realised just how much this daily fight was costing me in energy. Now to the details - well, it won't be soon. I'll be here for one more year, as I need to get rid of a lot of stuff, and I need to save more money for back to school expenses. I think I'm destined to be poor forever, but hey. So I'll try to enjoy my last year here, but if I could click my fingers and make it happen tomorrow I probably would.

Anyway, enough rambling...see you soon.

p.s. I guess I'm going to have to come up with a new blog name...

4 Comments:

Blogger CC said...

Sounds like you may have to rename your blog to "Found in Japan." After all, HOME is where family is, where honest and mutual acceptance is, where your heart can find rest after a days toil, where your soul can find replenishment in the comfort (and frustrations!) of the people who Truly love you - family.

I am TRULY happy for you, Chris! We've gotten to know each other quite well this last year - challenging circumstances do that to us all - and I look forward to some good times this coming year. Won't be so easy for us to ride together in the future, what with you in AU and me in the States!

Hang in there, Bro!

11:33 AM  
Blogger kurisu said...

U going home too?

Yeah, it's been a long self-imposed exile, fun for a lot of it, but all good things must come to an end. If I don't pick a date and work towards it I'll probably just be here for another ten...and in the current circumstances that wouldn't be a good idea.

I'll be coming to visit...there is some riding you've been talking about that I need to see....

3:33 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Wow-that IS a big decision, but you sound like you know that it is the right decision.

Good for you!

And, don't think you'll get away from B and I so easily - we'll be coming to see you in the Land Down Under, surely!

6:09 PM  
Blogger kurisu said...

Thanks T.

Yeah, it is a big one. Most of my adult/working life has been here, so it's going to be hard in many ways, but I'm looking forward to so much too.

Great riding in Oz - MTB or motorcycle - you're welcome any time.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home