Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dry ride.

Yesterday saw a damp ride at Okazaki followed by a trip to Kato Cycle - great people, it'd been too long since I'd seen them.

Sunny today, so I headed for Nebiso and the Tokai Nature Trail again for a long overdue sunny and dry ride. Warm too - spring is here!

I went up past the pretty dam - I'm going to camp here in summer.

The trail gets a bit gnarly - I walked up this bit (but ride down it - a lot easier than it looks when gravity is on your side).
This is one of the prettier bits of forestry road I passed along. Beautiful. There was a lot of it - over an hour all up, I think, a lot of it not much to look at but it's always nice to be in the mountains with blue sky overhead and crunchy dirt under tyres.
After two hours of going (mostly) up I reassessed, as the forestry roads were being their usual tricky, uncooperative selves and not taking me where I wanted to go. I could see my goal about three ridgelines away to the north, but it was unattainable today, so I decided to take a break here. At this point I realized I was just below the top of the second highest peak in the area, with a fun trail leading down to the path I had hoped to descend on, so it seemed more than good enough for an impromptu Plan B.

I dozed a bit, ate some cookies, watched a robin and a squirrel dart around the trees(not together), and took a few photos. I got a good one too -

After this it was pretty much a 40 minute hoot down on back to the car on trails that I have shot and posted before so no new photos of it today. Lots of fun, but after being out for 3.5 hours I was/am tired.

A great day.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home